Tuesday, March 18, 2014

MEGA POST (ten truths tuesday #12)

So basically, I did some cool stuff today; and not only will I be doing the usual ten truths tuesday, but I have some other things to share.



 
dress- Brandy Melville, shoes- Dr. Martens, sunglasses- Urban Outfitters
I thought I would just share my outfit today because my motto is: if you don't know what to wear, wear a dress, and that is exactly what I've done. It is so easy to just throw on a dress with a pair of matching shoes, because it looks way better than the whole "I was too lazy to pick out an outfit, so I'm wearing my pajamas" look, and it's just as easy (and comfy!). On another note, I went to one of my favorite cafés today, which is Sweet Butter in Sherman Oaks. This place has the ultimate café vibe, and the food is amazing. It's so nice to spend a warm, LA day sitting out on their patio, people watching, eating a delicious salad (or sandwich/ wrap), drinking a fun drink, and relaxing with friends. I shared the kale chopped salad with my friend, and it was one of the best kale salads I've ever had. Kale can be a weird green because the texture is really different than what most people are used to when it comes to salad, but it worked perfectly here. There were cucumbers and red onions in the salad which added a really nice, fresh, textural element, which went perfectly with the kale because it kept the salad crunchier (like the typical chopped salad lettuce texture) and kept the kale from seeming kind of rubbery, like it often can. The citrusy salad dressing was really nice to tone down the kale's strong flavor, and the garbanzo beans added great earthy flavor that complimented the acidity of the dressing really nicely. If you can't tell, I'm obsessed with food and could honestly talk about kale forever. We also had four macarons: pistachio, raspberry, violet (or was it lavender?), and strawberry- champagne. They were all delicious, and I especially loved the strawberry- champagne, which to my surprise, actually had a very strong champagne flavor. All in all, I absolutely love Sweet Butter and would absolutely recommend eating there some time. If you have the chance to try it out, my favorites are the "South of the Boulevard" Salad, the grilled veggie salad, and now the kale salad!

Now for the ten truths:
1. Lost in Translation is an absolutely beautiful movie about human connection/relationships, and I HIGHLY suggest you go watch it (it's on Netflix!).

2. Drop the vanity for a sec, and go donate your super long hair. If I can do it, you can do it; it will grow back, I promise.

3. The flea market is such a rad place.

4. Don't give people shit for their piercings/tattoos. It's THEIR body, let them do what they want with it. Plus, they're not giving YOU shit for not having piercings/tattoos.

5. Phrases like "no uterus, no opinion" are giving feminism its bad reputation. Anyone is entitled to an opinion, whether you agree with it or not. Fight for your OWN opinions instead of bringing OTHER opinions down.

6. It's kind of weird that you can think about people as much as you want, and they have no idea.

7. You shouldn't have to put up with people who say they love you but don't treat you like they do.

8. It's great to love yourself, but you shouldn't make every conversation about you.

9. Don't let anyone give you shit about doing what you love (unless it's harmful to others, in which case- NOT COOL).

10. Spring is in the air- go out and spread the love.

No comments:

Post a Comment