Thursday, April 3, 2014

outfit/food/fun























Sorry I've been sort of MIA recently, but here's something I've been meaning to post for a while. I went to Joan's on Third, Juice Served Here, and Lady M with a friend a little while ago, and here are the pictures to prove it. In case you're wondering, my dress is from Urban Outfitters, and my shoes are Dr. Martens. On another note, Joan's was delicious as always, and I highly recommend the curried chickpeas (on the left of my plate)- they were absolutely amazing. Pretty much everything at Joan's tastes great, and I am never disappointed whenever I order something new. Juice Served Here is also a great juicery, but I will admit it's way overpriced. If you think the 6.50 price tag at Pressed is outrageous, well Juice Served Here's prices are almost double, and they even have a twenty dollar juice, which is absurd. That being said, I ordered the Pixie (#21), which was a mix of pineapple, strawberry, and orange juice, and it was fantastic. I didn't try my friend's juice, but I'm pretty sure she loved her's too. Last but not least, Lady M. Let me just say that I have no idea who exactly Lady M is, but I would absolutely marry this woman if given the opportunity. First of all, let me just say that aesthetically speaking, the store is so fresh, clean, and beautiful. We ordered both the original and green tea flavored crêpe cakes, and both were out of this world. Heaven IS a place on earth, and that place is Lady M. I haven't tried anything other than the crêpe cakes there (otherwise known as "mille crêpes"), but a slice of that cake alone is enough to keep me coming back. I've really never tried anything like them anywhere else. They are basically just layers of crêpes and frosting, which sounds super simple but is also super delicious. There is no way to describe these in a way that will do them justice, but they are just so utterly satisfying both texturally and flavor-wise. I thought the green tea flavor might be overwhelming, but it was absolutely perfect (however, I would not suggest it if you're not a green tea fan). Ultimately, you're just going to have to go out and try a slice for yourself to understand exactly what I'm raving about, but I do know that I will be returning very soon.

I've been really into doing these restaurant reviews, and I know they must be frustrating if you don't live in the Los Angeles area, but I think I'm going to start posting some recipes soon too, as well as other general lifestyle posts. Let me know what you think! Also, sorry I missed this week's 10 truths-- I'll get back to it next Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment